Adult Sketching/Drawing Classes - Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 pm
Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 pm
September 27, October 4, 18 & 25 (Closed October 11 for Fall Break)
(materials not included, please see materials needed below)
Drawing is a great way to document the world around you and bring your ideas to life, no matter your age or skill level! In this class, students will learn the basic elements of art and principles of design, and will explore how to employ those techniques to a variety of subject matter using many different mediums. Students will first be encouraged to learn the basics of line and value by drawing from observation, and from there will explore how to render images they find interesting in the style of their choosing. Since art isn’t just about putting a pencil to paper, students will also learn how to integrate art into their everyday lives, from studying basic art history to creating a regular sketchbook practice.
Enrollment is continuous unless student specifies otherwise.
Taught by Alexis
- Staedler (or any brand) Graphite Pencils with the following leads: 2H, H, HB, F, 2B, 4B, 6B
- Staedler pigment liner pens, set of 4.
- General’s Charcoal Pencils with the following leads: Soft, medium, hard, and white chalk pencil
- Winsor and Newton or General’s vine charcoal pack
- Winsor and Newton or General’s compressed charcoal pack
- OR General’s Charcoal Drawing pack : https://www.dickblick.com/products/generals-charcoal-drawing-assortment/ (If you buy the pack, there is no need to buy the individual pencils or either charcoal pack).
- 18 x 24 Fine or Medium tooth WHITE Sketch or Drawing pad.
- 18x24 piece of Canson toned paper in either gray or tan.
- White rubber eraser
- General’s kneaded eraser
- General’s Factis Mechanical eraser
- Don’t forget Mechanical eraser refills!
No refunds. Please see Art Haus enrollment form. You can also call us (801) 215-9468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.